Tuesday 24 April 2018

Confidence

One of the residents gave me a prayer which he has been saying for over 60 years, every day of his life. He also made a promise to make copies and distribute them to family and friends.  It speaks about confidence and trust in God, knowing well that He will take care of all of our problems. It is written in old English format, using Thy instead of Your, Thee instead of You. Keep a copy and say it often.

My fate is in Thy hands,
My God, I wish it there,
My heart, my life, my health –
I leave – entirely to Thy care.

My fate is in Thy hands,
Whatever it may be,
Pleasant or painful, bright or dark
As best may seem to Thee.

My fate is in Thy hands,
Why should I doubt or fear,
My Father’s Heart will never cause
His child a needless tear.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent prayer. We read this in the primary classes. This was "prayer before sleep". :-)

    ReplyDelete