Tuesday 16 May 2017

Beatitudes for the Aged

Blessed are you who listen to me, even though I do not speak clearly, because you remind me that if I keep trying, at the end, you will understand my feelings.

Blessed are you when you don’t tell me to ‘hurry up,’ or do everything for me, because very often what I need is not help, but enough time.

Blessed are you who stay by me when I try to do something new, because my failures are nothing compared to the moments when I surprise myself with what I can actually accomplish on my own.

Blessed are you when you ask for my help, because my biggest need is to see myself useful.

Blessed are you when you recognize how difficult it is for me to express myself verbally and clearly.

Blessed are you when with a simple smile you encourage me never to give up but keep trying.

Blessed are you when you don’t keep reminding me that I already asked you the same question twice today.

Blessed are you who respect me and love me as I am, and not how you want me to be.

Blessed are you when you are with me in public, and you’re not embarrassed with me and don’t care what other people say, because in your company I find solace and peace.

Blessed are you because your reward will be great in heaven, and remember that the consolation and comfort you bring to me can never be explained by words, because you behave exactly in the way God would behave with his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment